What can I say? I’m a sucker for Christmas. I spotted this sweet little nest tucked into a white Christmas tree at my favourite home decor boutique, Romancing the Home. Shhhhhhhh…don’t tell my husband that I was shopping in a home decor boutique! I used to have an online home decor boutique and I kept more stuff than I sold, so my house is bursting at the seams with DECOR!!!!
‘Tis the season for awards! Yay. I was nominated for the Sunshine Blog Award, which is given to bloggers who are inspirational or positively creative. Wow! I’ll take it 🙂 Sending lots of love to Diary of a House Elf for the nomination. She’s an original thinker and hilarious story teller. Keep your words flowing sister blogger girl!!!
So now it’s my turn to spread a little Sunshine, which is laughable given the wet, grey state of affairs on the weather front here in Ocean Park, BC. Let’s just say, it ain’t no Mexico around here…sigh.
To accept this award, I get to:
- Blog a post linking back to the person/blog who nominated you.
- Answer the questions below, and
- Nominate 10 bloggers and notify them of the award.
So here goes…
- Who is your favourite philosopher?…………Jalaluddin Rumi, who was a persian poet and mystic the 13th Century. He was a follower of the Sufi philosophy and his words are meant to help us live a meaningful life.
- What is your favourite number?………….I think it’s kinda silly to play number favourites.
- What is your favourite animal?………….I used to dislike dogs (I was scared), but now I love them. I also love the little birds who live in my back yard. I adore horses. I’m afraid of cows–don’t ask. Snakes are just not necessary AT ALL. Who doesn’t smile when they see a bunny?!
- What are your Facebook and Twitter links?………in another life I was Nicole Jane Home. Now I’m CoffeeandCouch……@coffeeandcouch
- What is your favourite time of day?………..late afternoon…especially on Saturdays with a vodka martini in hand.
- What is your favourite holiday?………..I’m ridiculously addicted to the spirit of Christmas….I can hear the bell ring….I still believe
- What is your favourite physical activity?…………I get such a high from the freedom that skiing gives me.
- What is your favourite non-alcoholic drink?…………Skinny eggnog lattes….hands-down….’cause they make me feel Christmasy.
- What is your favourite flower?………..White orchids and white lillies.
- What is your passion?…………..My lovely husband and children, my extended family, my friends. Then there’s photography, painting, cooking, decorating, talking…and on and on. I can tell you what my passion is not….IRONING anything.
Now comes the really fun part…I get to nominate 10 other blogs that I love, for their inspiration and creativity. I encourage you to visit their sites too.
1. Colored Brush….a gifted painter, who always makes me want to paint more. Definitely inspirational.
2. Grillfusion….Heather & Al’s blog is a wonderful ecclectic mix of photography, design, art, BBQ, wine…all the good things in life.
2. Oh Happy Day….If you love to hold parties and get misty-eyed just thinking of spending time on pretty lifestyle blogs, then you’ll LOVE Jordan’s blog. It’s full of DIY party ideas, photography, design, lifestyle…good stuff.
4. Geninne’s Art Blog…a gorgeous collection of arts and crafts. It makes me want to get out my pencil crayons and paper!
5. Click It Up A Notch…a great resource for photography lovers. Definitely inspirational for my photography.
6. Birch & Bird…a wonderland of creative and beautiful vintagey wonderfulness.
7. Tracey Ayton Photography…I LOVE Tracey’s photographs. She is a really talented local photographer who is regularly featured in shelter magazines. I often look at her photos for inspiration to help make mine better.
8. The Design Pages…an endless source of creativity and inspiration. She always has new DIY projects on the go…I don’t know where on earth she gets her energy, but she’s got loads of it!
9. Moth Design….Erica is a talented Canadian design blogger. I had so much fun chatting with her at an event for the Canadian Design & Lifestyle Bloggers West last year in Vancouver. Her blog is full of design gorgeousness.
10. Hodge:podge…..Barbara’s blog is a Canadian design afficionado’s paradise. She puts the spotlight on the Canadian design scene through her prolific interviews with Canadian designers.
Wow, now I just want to spend the rest of the day reading all these wonderful blogs!!! Think I will…where’s my martini?
I just came across this very cool website called Tagxedo where you can create the coolest artwork using words, poems, wedding vows, etc. I just fooled around with my business name and came up with this sweet little bird, but there is about a bazillion different things you can do on it.
I’m thinking this might be a great Christmas present. You can get t-shirts, coffee mugs, posters made up. I’m rubbing my hands together coming up with evil plots!!!!!
This one’s awesome. It’s a Design In A Box custom designed for you by Nyla herself. I won last year, and I’ve already bragged about it on this blog many times 🙂 I’m sure you’re all sick and tired of hearing me rave about the colours she picked for my living room, and the drapery, and the furniture, and the layout, and the accessories…oh…and the artwork!
Pop over to her blog and checkout the contest details…just click on the picture and it will deliver you right to it, lickity split! Good luck 🙂
Today’s going down as one of the best in the history of the Findlay household. I just about giggled like a school girl when I saw the postal lady walk up my sidewalk with a box and a roll of carpet samples in her hands.
It came in the prettiest grey box with yellow trim & ribbon!! I’m a wrapping kinda gal! It’s full of fabric samples for upholstery and drapes, design layout options, source guides and carpet samples!!!
It’s just like Christmas around here! I was so excited that I tore everything open in a frenzy (as you can see), called Nyla to blabber on about what a huge fan I am, and now I need to go back to bed ’cause my brain blew up!
I’m suddenly craving turkey and gravy…mmmmmmm!
I’m so excited to launch Nicole Jane Home’s Bespoke Cushion collection. With the help of my besties Sharon and Yvonne at Layers & Layers, I was able to choose to-the-trade designer fabrics that mix and match beautifully with so many styles.
When I worked in a busy home decor shop, people would regularly ask about whether or not we sold cushion covers separately. It was never an option, because wholesalers generally sell cushions as a set, including the filler.
So I’m really excited about the fact that I’ll be offering my customers the option of buying the covers and fillers together OR separately! It’s definitely an affordable way to decorate with high-end designer cushions. I’m hoping to add collections with each season.
There is a buzz working up around the combination of corals and greens, which totally works for me ’cause they’re both power colors for redheads!
And even though there isn’t technically any green in the photo below, I believe that “Joan” can speak volumes for ALL redheads…we know how to wear our corporate coral…and our broaches…oh yeah…and don’t mess with us!