I’m giddy! I was nominated for my first blogging award–the Liebster Blog Award!!! I know, right?!
I was nominated by my good buddy Whiskey Tango Foxtrot 4 (that’s right…WTF 4). She’s a brilliant photographer and raconteur! She gave me a list of five questions I have to answer, and then I get to add five random facts about myself and nominate five more blogs with fewer than 200 followers. So now it’s my turn to spread the love…
1. Who/what do you want to be “when you grow up”?
I want to be a world traveler, a famous actress, a photographer, an artist, a race car driver, a homicide investigater (I watch a lot of First48), and an awesome grandma.
2. What one thing would make your life better?
Money. A whoooole lotta money.
3. What one quote best resonates with you?
“Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames” ―Rumi
4. What one living person – that you don’t know personally – inspires you?
Tina Fey…she’s incredibly funny and smart. In a “man’s world” of comedy, she smashed through all the barriers. I have dreams of her and I just hanging out being hilarious together!!!
5. If you could spend one entire day how you wanted, what would you do?
I would ski all day at Sun Peaks with my family and a bunch of close friends. Afterwards, we’d all soak in a gigantic hot tub with a glass of wine while the snow falls around us. Then we’d all sit around a huge harvest table eating fondue and drinking wine! We’d laugh into the night, and somebody would push back the furniture so we could dance to 70’s music!!!!!
Random things about me…
1. I am obsessed with the Twilight movie series. I’ve probably watched Twilight at least 100 times.
2. My grandma was the first woman in North America to fly a glider airplane. She was an artist and a poet. Her poem “Cherry Snow” was published in the New Yorker magazine.
3. Elton John stood beside me and smiled at me when I was 11 years old. I was in Disneyland with my family, and we were standing on a mezzanine in a hotel. Nobody else was around and he walked up to me and we both stood there looking at a bulletin board together. I turned to look at him, and he smiled back, he kept watching me (creeper) and I took a couple of glances at his cool glasses before the nickel dropped and I realized who he was.
4. I hate going under bridges in boats. Anything that disappears into deep water scares me, like the fallen trees that sink into the blackness of Lightening Lake.
5. I was one of the “Smile of the Day” girls in The Province newspaper when I worked at Expo86 as a guest relations babe!
6. One of my favourite and most vivid childhood memories is the time my mom whisked me away from elementary school to go watch the huge storm waves at White Rock Beach. Some things are just way more important than learning your times table.
7. The car I was riding in was struck by lightening on the way to a Gino Vanelli concert in Vancouver when I was about 15 years old. I like to believe it was a sign that Gino, and his long glistening black curly hair, was meant to be mine!
I was going to nominate five other bloggers, but I’m so technically challenged that I can’t, for the life of me, figure out how many followers they have, and I don’t want anybody’s nose to be out of joint if I get it wrong. I will however list eight of my favourite blogs….they are definitely worthy of a visit!!! I have left off so many blogs that I regularly follow. I am giving you a cross-sectiong of my interests here.
1. Colored Brush…my dear friend, Patty Ripley, is a gifted artist and she shared her inspiration, process and paintings on this lovely blog.
2. Hazy Shades of Me…a dear friend, Alana Agerbo, with a penchant for writing fiction. I’m stunned by how well she writes. It’s time the girl had a book deal!!!!
3. Diary of a House Elf…a hilarious collection of musings from my dear friend (they’re all so dear to me), Sarah Johnson. It’s insightful, funny and honest, and I love it.
4. Geninne’s Art Blog…a gorgeous collection of arts and crafts. It makes me want to get out my pencil crayons and paper!
5. Click It Up A Notch…an awesome photography blog where I get loads of tips and inspiration for my photography.
6. Birch & Bird…a wonderland of vintagey wonderfulness.
7. Tracey Ayton Photography…Tracey is a gifted photographer and I love the photos she shares on her blog. She inspires me to keep learning about the craft of photography.
8. The Design Pages…another amazing friend, Carol Smyth, writes this wonderful blog full of interior design DIY and advice. She’s a powerhouse of ideas!!!!