‘Tis the season for awards! Yay. I was nominated for the Sunshine Blog Award, which is given to bloggers who are inspirational or positively creative. Wow! I’ll take it 🙂 Sending lots of love to Diary of a House Elf for the nomination. She’s an original thinker and hilarious story teller. Keep your words flowing sister blogger girl!!!
So now it’s my turn to spread a little Sunshine, which is laughable given the wet, grey state of affairs on the weather front here in Ocean Park, BC. Let’s just say, it ain’t no Mexico around here…sigh.
To accept this award, I get to:
- Blog a post linking back to the person/blog who nominated you.
- Answer the questions below, and
- Nominate 10 bloggers and notify them of the award.
So here goes…
- Who is your favourite philosopher?…………Jalaluddin Rumi, who was a persian poet and mystic the 13th Century. He was a follower of the Sufi philosophy and his words are meant to help us live a meaningful life.
- What is your favourite number?………….I think it’s kinda silly to play number favourites.
- What is your favourite animal?………….I used to dislike dogs (I was scared), but now I love them. I also love the little birds who live in my back yard. I adore horses. I’m afraid of cows–don’t ask. Snakes are just not necessary AT ALL. Who doesn’t smile when they see a bunny?!
- What are your Facebook and Twitter links?………in another life I was Nicole Jane Home. Now I’m CoffeeandCouch……@coffeeandcouch
- What is your favourite time of day?………..late afternoon…especially on Saturdays with a vodka martini in hand.
- What is your favourite holiday?………..I’m ridiculously addicted to the spirit of Christmas….I can hear the bell ring….I still believe
- What is your favourite physical activity?…………I get such a high from the freedom that skiing gives me.
- What is your favourite non-alcoholic drink?…………Skinny eggnog lattes….hands-down….’cause they make me feel Christmasy.
- What is your favourite flower?………..White orchids and white lillies.
- What is your passion?…………..My lovely husband and children, my extended family, my friends. Then there’s photography, painting, cooking, decorating, talking…and on and on. I can tell you what my passion is not….IRONING anything.
Now comes the really fun part…I get to nominate 10 other blogs that I love, for their inspiration and creativity. I encourage you to visit their sites too.
1. Colored Brush….a gifted painter, who always makes me want to paint more. Definitely inspirational.
2. Grillfusion….Heather & Al’s blog is a wonderful ecclectic mix of photography, design, art, BBQ, wine…all the good things in life.
2. Oh Happy Day….If you love to hold parties and get misty-eyed just thinking of spending time on pretty lifestyle blogs, then you’ll LOVE Jordan’s blog. It’s full of DIY party ideas, photography, design, lifestyle…good stuff.
4. Geninne’s Art Blog…a gorgeous collection of arts and crafts. It makes me want to get out my pencil crayons and paper!
5. Click It Up A Notch…a great resource for photography lovers. Definitely inspirational for my photography.
6. Birch & Bird…a wonderland of creative and beautiful vintagey wonderfulness.
7. Tracey Ayton Photography…I LOVE Tracey’s photographs. She is a really talented local photographer who is regularly featured in shelter magazines. I often look at her photos for inspiration to help make mine better.
8. The Design Pages…an endless source of creativity and inspiration. She always has new DIY projects on the go…I don’t know where on earth she gets her energy, but she’s got loads of it!
9. Moth Design….Erica is a talented Canadian design blogger. I had so much fun chatting with her at an event for the Canadian Design & Lifestyle Bloggers West last year in Vancouver. Her blog is full of design gorgeousness.
10. Hodge:podge…..Barbara’s blog is a Canadian design afficionado’s paradise. She puts the spotlight on the Canadian design scene through her prolific interviews with Canadian designers.
Wow, now I just want to spend the rest of the day reading all these wonderful blogs!!! Think I will…where’s my martini?