I read a refreshing post this morning in Erin Loechner‘s blog, Design for Mankind. She wrote a list of “non-goals” for 2011 — a pat on the back for all the things she doesn’t want to change about herself in the year ahead. I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment behind Erin’s list — focusing on flaws is just destructive for the soul.
So in the spirit of being kind and supportive to myself, here’s my own “non-goals” for 2011.
1. Kudos for not biting your nails for the past 6 months! They look so grown up now…finally!
2. Good girl for stopping drinking diet soda!! God bless you, Perrier.
4. You’re just so hip ‘n happenin’ for jumping into the “scary” new social media world. You didn’t know what the heck you were doing, but it worked out anyway, and you made lots of new friends!
5. Don’t ever lose your willingness to learn from mistakes, and yes, it’s okay to have a tantrum first!
6. I really like that you’re not afraid to say “sorry” when you screw up.
5. You are rocking the high-heel boots and silk poncho!